As you can understand, with nearly 6,000 students moving in over Intro Weekend, Saturday and Sunday will both be very busy days for traffic, so we need your help to make sure everything runs smoothly...
If you are travelling down to Sheffield with your son or daughter to help them move in, following these 6 tips will help you and other students' families to have a smooth experience:
- Plan in plenty of time for traffic in order to meet your key collection time slot, as 6,000 students will be moving in on the same weekend and there are likely to be queues as you get into the city.
- If you are arriving for a Saturday afternoon key collection time slot, allow extra travel time, as there will be additional traffic due to a football match in Sheffield at 3pm.
- There is temporary car parking available at Ranmoor/Endcliffe while your student unloads their belongings.
- Parking at Ranmoor/Endcliffe is for 20 minutes only in order to empty your vehicle, so please move your car to the long stay parking areas once you have finished unloading your son or daughter's belongings. This is important in order to avoid holding up other cars who will be waiting in line to unload.
- At Ranmoor/Endcliffe, students will be moving in on both days of the weekend. If you are moving a student in on Saturday and you want to return with your car on Sunday, please do not return to site until the evening.
- There is no University parking on site for City accommodation due to the proximity to the city centre. City-based students are asked to use one of the many local car parks in the centre of Sheffield for unloading.
There will be traffic wardens in high visibility vests positioned across the Ranmoor/Endcliffe residences on Intro Weekend to direct you, so if you have any issues or questions about parking somebody will be on hand to help.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope that Intro Weekend runs smoothly for you and your student.