It's time for your son or daughter to fly the nest and we understand that one of your first concerns will be safety and security while they are at University. Rest assured, the University Security Team is always on hand to help...
Sheffield is a safe place to live, however, it is always nice to have some reassurance when coming to a new city.
- Always lock bedroom and front doors before going out. The student residences have CCTV and our Security Team on patrol, but with valuables like laptops lying around, it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Don't leave expensive items in full view of windows. This deters any opportunists who may be walking past.
- Students are advised to use a Sold Secure tested 'Gold' standard lock on their bicycle to keep it secure. This is the best type of bike lock as it is the most difficult to break.
- In case of emergency, students should call the Security Team on 0114 222 4444.
- Use the Safe Taxi Scheme to get home from a night out.