Safety and security
Sheffield is a safe place to live, however, it is always nice to have some reassurance when coming to a new city.
- Always lock the bedroom and front doors before going out. The student residences have CCTV and our Security Team on patrol, but with valuables like laptops lying around, it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Don't leave expensive items in full view of windows. This deters any opportunists who may be walking past.
- Students are advised to use a Sold Secure tested 'Gold' standard lock on their bicycle to keep it secure. This is the best type of bike lock as it is the most difficult to break.
- In case of emergency, students should call the Security Team on 0114 222 4444.
- Use the Safe Taxi Scheme to get home from a night out.
- Read Next
- Spooky Decoration Competition! Engagement & Development Assistant 2021-22 - 5 paid posts available! Staying safe in the residences African-Caribbean Market Trip! Dance Fitness Class for Residence Life students Accessing the Fitness Suite and Steinway Pianos Amazing Volunteering Opportunities! Career Service; Autumn Fairs Arts and Crafts with Res Life! Saturday Night Online Quiz!
- New GeniUS Rewards Scheme app Charley Williams, Residence Life Manager Internal Support Services at TUoS The Best Restaurants and Bars in Broomhill There's always someone who can help Your guide to the disciplinary process Your guide to all things money! Useful Contacts Reporting a maintenance problem Accessing the Fitness Suite and Steinway Pianos