4 days ago in Get Involved
Show us your creativity and win £20 of Amazon vouchers!
Residence Life wants you to become creative! Poetry is so important because it helps us understand and appreciate the world around us.
The style of writing poetry differs from person to person and the great thing is, no matter how a poem is written, it still holds great emotion.
Entries can be funny, inspirational or soul searching, we just want you to spend a bit of time being creative and to escape from the real world, for a while at least!
Click here to enter the competition and let us know some contact details and then submit your entry in the field provided.
The themes are love, friendship and family and the word limit is 150 words and it must be your own work.
We will be applying the following judging criteria:
1. Relevance to the theme - 50%
2. Creativity/Style and Originality - 30%
3. Coherence of form and structure (harmony of words, presentation) - 10%
4. Clarity of imagery and language - 10%
5. TOTAL - 100%
The winning entry will receive a £20 e-voucher from Amazon. The entries will be judged using the above criteria and the final decision will be made by the Residence Life Engagement and Development Office. We will notify the winner on Wednesday 1 April and we will be publishing the winning entry online.
Closing date of the competition is Sunday 29 March at Midnight, all entries received after this time will not be accepted.
* Terms and Conditions Apply - All entrants will be judged on the above criteria and the final winner will be decided by the Residence Life Engagement and Development Officer. All entries must be your own work. We will publish the winning entry and some of the other poems online. To enter the prize draw you must submit the Google Form and fill in all the fields correctly. Only one entry per student. The winning entry will be contacted by Residence Life, all other entries will not be contacted. The winner will receive an e-voucher from Amazon and the winner must confirm receipt of the voucher. Entrants must be a part of Residence Life. The closing date for the competition is midnight on Sunday 29 March at midnight. Entrants to the competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.