in Get Involved
2020 has been a very different year and many of us may have turned to music to soothe our emotions through some trying times and we want to hear what your ‘go-to’ song of 2020 has been.
Things to consider:
1. Title of your song and the name of the artist
2. An extract of your favourite part of the song's lyrics
3. A short blurb of why this song resonates with you.
Click here to enter. Only one entry per student allowed.
Below is an example entry to help inspire your song choice.
The winning entry will receive a Car Pool Karaoke game.
We will be applying the following judging criteria:
1. Relevance of chosen extract - 25%
2. Description of the poignancy of the song - 50%
3. Originality of the song - 25%
TOTAL - 100%
The entries will be judged using the above criteria and the final decision will be made by the Residence Life Team Competition Lead.
Closing date is at Midnight on Sunday 31 January. Any entries received after this time will be discarded.
We will notify the winner by Friday 12 February and we will be publishing the winning and most poignant entries online.
* Terms and Conditions Apply - All entrants will be judged on the above criteria and the final winner will be decided by the Residence Life Team Competition Lead. The entry must be your own work. We will publish the winning and most poignant entries online. To enter the competition you must submit the Google Form and fill in all the fields correctly.. The winning entry will be contacted by Residence Life, all other entries will not be contacted. The winners will receive an e-voucher from Amazon and the winner must confirm receipt of the voucher. Entrants must be a part of Residence Life. The closing date for the competition is Midnight on Sunday 31 January. Entrants to the competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.