Job Opportunity - Community Social Reps!
Community Social Reps (multiple positions) – Residence Life
Are you great with people, enthusiastic and interested in being part of our residential community?
Residence Life are looking to appoint a team of Community Social Reps, to assist the Residence Life team and Residence Life Mentors in providing front-line wellbeing support and community building activities to students living in the Residences.
This will include:
- Building community by talking to student residents and organising small events within the Residences.
- Promoting Residence Life events and collecting student feedback about these.
- Signposting student residents to their Residence Life Mentor for wellbeing support and for queries related to services and facilities in the Residences.
There may also be the opportunity to take over the Residence Life social media and portal!
Relevant training will be provided.
Applicants must be fully registered students, aged over 18 and currently living in the University Residences.
Community Assistants will be employed by UNICUS on a casual basis (to start as soon as possible) hours variable due to business demand (up to 12 hours per week), for the duration of the academic year.
Hourly wage: £10 per hour
Community Social Reps will help the Residence Life and Residence Life Mentor teams cover all residences within City, Endcliffe and Ranmoor. Successful candidates will be assigned to work in any of these areas and with any category of student, according to business needs.
Closing date: 9th January 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an online briefing to discuss the requirements of the role. Applications will be dealt with on a rolling basis, it is anticipated that the first briefing will be in mid-December 2021.
- Read Next
- Staying in the residences over Christmas Gingerbread Decorating Sessions Archer Project - Accommodation and Commercial Services S6 Foodbank - food donation appeal Job Opportunity - Community Social Reps! Gub Gub needs YOU! Shoebox Appeal - S6 Foodbank Step into Christmas OakleaCrafts Mono Printing Workshop Karaoke at the Edge Bar - Friday evenings
- Become a Residence Life Mentor for 2022-23 New GeniUS Rewards Scheme app Charley Williams, Residence Life Manager Internal Support Services at TUoS The Best Restaurants and Bars in Broomhill There's always someone who can help Your guide to the disciplinary process Your guide to all things money! Useful Contacts Reporting a maintenance problem