Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

I Agree.


Immigration & visa information for Internationals

Immigration and visa information for International students

If your son or daughter is coming to the UK as a single student, immigration regulations do not require them to provide details of accommodation prior to a Visa being issued. If they are told that this is a requirement, your son or daughter should contact the Student Services Department immediately on:

Telephone: 0114 222 9679
Post: SSID, Firth Court, Sheffield, S10 2TN

Students with dependants/families

If your son or daughter is an international student with dependants and they are applying for visas at the same time to enter the UK for the first time, they will not need to show proof of accommodation. However, if students wish to bring a dependant over to the UK later on, they are advised to provide evidence of suitable accommodation, such as a tenancy agreement.

Click here for more detailed information about visas and immigration, as well as information about the University's Orientation Week programme and Meet & Greet Services.


Share with Friends x