How to... Pack for Moving In
Moving in: what to bring
Preparing what to bring when you move to University for the first time can be a daunting task! There's so much to think about! Here's our helpful guide on what to bring (and what not to bring) to University of Sheffield accommodation...
You should bring:
- Duvet, pillows and bed linen
- Cutlery, crockery, glasses, pans
- Cleaning products
- Coat hangers
- Extension cable
- Laundry basket
- Important documents - especially your passport if planning on working or travelling
- Any medication you need!
You might also want:
- Posters/photos (the Village Store at Ranmoor/Endcliffe sells some strips that don't damage the walls - please do not use normal blue or white tak)
- Bedside lamp
- Laptop / PC - both for work and fun!
- A pack of cards
- Storage boxes
Please do not bring:
- Furniture or soft furnishings
- Illegal drugs
- Flammable items; candles, fireworks, flares, paraffin etc.
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Fridges (mini drinks coolers only)
Things like microwaves, toasters and kettles are provided in kitchens so students won't need to bring these with them. We hope this guide to what to bring is helpful and gives you an idea of what you'll need at University.
- Read Next
- Islamic Support and Social event Art Therapy Go Skate Food Demonstration & Tasting Event - Italian Discover Sheffield: City Hall and Peace Garden Block competition: Puzmat - City residents Celebrate Chinese National Day & Wellbeing Induction Lane 7 Bowling Walk with Alpacas! Trip to The Moor Market
- Become a Residence Life Mentor 2022/23 What's on this week What's so great about being a Residence Life Mentor? Explore Bole Hill (Self-guided walk) Tennis courts on site - free to use! Donate, Don't Waste 2022 Student Blog; Heng (Residence Life Mentor) Community Living & Covid -19 Edge Bar Sunday Quiz Your guide to the disciplinary process