If you want to do something fun whilst getting fit and healthy in the process, basketball might just be the thing for you!
Our designated women’s basketball session is led by student leaders who are happy to show you the basics of basketball in a social and fun environment. All abilities are welcome!
Basketball is not only fun but it has all sorts of health and fitness benefits. It can:
- Burn calories (an hour of basketball can burn 630–750 calories)
- Build endurance
- Improve balance and coordination
- Develop concentration
- Build up muscle
Every Saturday from the 30th September
Sports Hall, Goodwin Sports Centre
All equipment provided
Free for students with Residence Life card. Please bring your card as you will need to show prior the session.
How to Book
You now have to book your free place for all activities and sports. Please note that due to limited capacity, if you don’t book, you may not be able to participate. Please book online.
Here is how to book:
- Go to: online.sport-sheffield.com
- Select Online Bookings: It will give you an option to select online bookings or online membership. Select online bookings.
- Log into muse: If you are already logged in, it will automatically take you through the booking page. If not, please log in.
- Select 'Residence Sport': In order to access free activities, please click on 'Residence Sport'.
- Pick Activity: You will see the sports and activities that are available to book for this week. The bookings open four days in advance prior each activity to make sure that everyone gets a chance to book each week.
- Click 'Book Activity': If activity is not found, it is because the booking for the activity is not yet open or alternatively it is fully booked.
Please note: it is important that if you book, you honour your place and attend. You can cancel your booking online or at Goodwin Reception.
Please note bookings open four days prior each activity.
Please make sure that you arrive to the session on time. If you are late, you may not be allowed to participate.
For more information
Please contact Dom, your Residence Sport Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org