Have you ever wanted to try bouldering? Now is your chance!
Bouldering is a form of climbing without the use of ropes. But don't worry, you don’t climb more than a few metres off the ground and there are thick mats to cushion any falls! Bouldering is great way to build your climbing skill and strength as it uses more technical principles of climbing and it allows you to practise moves whilst being at a safe distance from the ground.
Sign up and come down as an individual or with a group of friends or flat mates to experience Sport Sheffield’s very own Matrix Bouldering wall.
Enjoy a 40 minute session learning new skills and putting them to the test. Our climbing instructor will be there to show you the tips on how to climb safely.
We offer sessions for absolute beginners as well as more experienced climbers. For the times, please see below.
This session is ideal for those that have never tried bouldering before. This will include induction and the explanation of the basic climbing principles. You will be climbing under the supervision of our qualified climbing instructors.
This session is suitable if you already have some experience with bouldering and you want to improve your technique and skill. You will be taught basic principles such as route reading, identifying holds, footwork and more. You will be climbing and learning under the supervision of our qualified instructors.
If you have some experience with bouldering and you are looking to take this to the new level, this session is perfect. Our instructors will be going through more difficult bouldering problems and you will push your skill level and understanding of climbing even further. If you are an experienced climber, you will be able to fill in a ‘’competent climber form’’ at the reception and you will be able to stay after the session to work on your climbing independently. Please ask for this form at Goodwin Reception (Matrix capacity dependant).
Friday (sessions start on 29 September and run throughout the term time)
7:20- 8pm Intermediate
8:8:40 pm Beginners 1
8:40-9:20 pm Beginners 2
9:20-10 pm Beginners 2
The Matrix – Goodwin Sports Centre
Free with Residence Life card
No equipment needed. If you don’t have climbing shoes, you can use trainers that have a good grip. We do have a small selection of climbing shoes for free hire so you may be able to use them . Please note that we do not guarantee this as we are unable to stock large quantities of shoes.
How to Book
You now have to book your free place for all activities. Please note that due to limited capacity, if you don’t book, you may not be able to participate.
Here is how to book:
- Go to: online.sport-sheffield.com
- Select Online Bookings: It will give you an option to select online bookings or online membership. Select online bookings.
- Log into muse: If you are already logged in, it will automatically take you through the booking page. If not, please log in.
- Select 'Residence Sport': In order to access free activities, please click on 'Residence Sport'.
- Pick Activity: You will see the sports and activities that are available to book for this week. The bookings open four days in advance prior each activity to make sure that everyone gets a chance to book each week.
- Click 'Book Activity': If activity is not found, it is because the booking for the activity is not yet open or alternatively it is fully booked.
Please note: it is important that if you book, you honour your place and attend. You can cancel your booking online or at Goodwin Reception.
Please book online at www.goodwinonline.co.uk
For more information
Please contact Dom, your Residence Sport Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org