Looking for a new way to work out?
Cardio Tennis is a fun, sociable group fitness class set on a tennis court and open to people of all ages and abilities.
Featuring music and qualified instructors, you’ll get to hit lots of tennis balls and have a great cardio workout at the same time.
What is a typical class like?
Our qualified student leaders will lead you through a 90 minute class consisting of a short warm up and cool down either side of a full body workout.
Warm up - Some dynamic stretching, skills and drills to get your body warm and mind sharp before the workout begins.
Aerobic section - Here’s your chance to hit loads of shots, including forehands, backhands, serves and volleys, all mixed with a variety of fitness activities.
Tennis section - Put your shots into practice with fun tennis games.
Cool down - Well done, you made it! Now it’s time to recover and stretch.
What else do I need to know?
What do I need to bring? – All equipment is provided. Wear comfortable gym kit and trainers. You’ll be working up a sweat, so don’t forget to bring a water bottle too!
Do I need to be good at tennis? - No! Cardio Tennis is for anyone who wants to get fit and have a go at tennis. The class moves along quickly, so no one will be judging your skills, and it doesn’t matter whether the ball goes in or out.
Do I need to be fit? - No! Cardio Tennis is for anyone who wants to have fun getting fit.
When - Every Sunday
Where - Crewe Flat Tennis Courts (next to Endcliffe Residences)
Time - 2.30-4pm
Cost – FREE
Equipment - All provided
How to Book
You now have to book your free place for all activities and sports. Please note that due to limited capacity, if you don’t book, you may not be able to participate.
Here is how to book:
- Go to: online.sport-sheffield.com
- Select Online Bookings: It will give you an option to select online bookings or online membership. Select online bookings.
- Log into muse: If you are already logged in, it will automatically take you through the booking page. If not, please log in.
- Select 'Residence Sport': In order to access free activities, please click on 'Residence Sport'.
- Pick Activity: You will see the sports and activities that are available to book for this week. The bookings open four days in advance prior each activity to make sure that everyone gets a chance to book each week.
- Click 'Book Activity': If activity is not found, it is because the booking for the activity is not yet open or alternatively it is fully booked.
Please note: it is important that if you book, you honour your place and attend. You can cancel your booking online or at Goodwin Reception.
Please note bookings open four days prior each activity.
Please make sure that you arrive to the session on time. If you are late, you may not be allowed to participate.
For more information
Please contact Dom, your Residence Sport Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org