We have loads on offer in our Events & Activities programme, which provides students with fun social events that are aimed at building the community within the residences. They are ideal if you want to have fun, make friends and really enhance your student experience.
Examples of some of the events we have been put on include...
- Seasonal activities - whether it’s traditional Yorkshire Parkin and toffee apples on Bonfire Night, Christmas dinner and festive movies, our very own version of Take Me Out for Valentine’s Day or celebrating all things Irish with our St Patrick’s Day bash, we have all sorts of fun for you throughout the year.
- Live TV screenings - whether it’s a popular reality show final, a football game or The Eurovision Song Contest, you can watch it live on the big screen at our onsite residence bar at The Edge. We often throw in free food and competitions to add to the fun!
- Cookery classes - learn to bake something fun from the professionals at one of our food outlets on campus - it may be pizza making, mince pie making or doughnut making!
- Weekly pub quizzes - test your knowledge in our weekly pub quizzes at our onsite residence bar at The Edge. Get into teams and have a go at our traditional pub quizzes and music quizzes.
- Fun trails - if big events in the residence bar isn’t your thing, we have fun trails you can go on in teams, including a Scavenger Hunt during Intro Week to help you get to know Sheffield and an Easter Egg Hunt in the spring.
- End of year events - we normally put on large-scale events to celebrate the end of your year living in University accommodation. Last year, we put on a Summer BBQ at The University Arms, a traditional pub on campus. We also showed a latest blockbuster, as voted for by the students, on a 24 ft outdoor cinema screen right here in the residences. We even threw in free cinema snacks, including popcorn, candy floss and ice-cream!
All this is absolutely free with your Residence Life key fob, which you will receive when you move in.
To find out more about the events we have been offering and to view pictures from past events, keep up to date with us on our social media channels: