We have loads on offer in our Events & Activities programme, which provides you with fun, social events that are aimed at building the community within the residences. They are ideal if you want to have fun, make friends and really enhance your student experience.
Examples of some of the events we have been put on include...
- Seasonal activities - whether it’s traditional Yorkshire Parkin and toffee apples on Bonfire Night, Christmas dinner and festive movies, our very own version of Take Me Out for Valentine’s Day or celebrating all things Irish with our St Patrick’s Day bash, we have all sorts of fun for you throughout the year.
- Friday Night Dinners - meet new people over a free meal, good conversation and a board game at the University's on-campus traditional pub, the University Arms.
- Live TV screenings - whether it’s a popular reality show final, a football game or The Eurovision Song Contest, you can watch it live on the big screen at The Edge Lounge or The Ridge Common Room. We often throw in free food and competitions to add to the fun!
- Weekly pub quizzes - test your knowledge in our weekly pub quizzes at The Edge Lounge. Get into teams and have a go at our traditional pub quizzes and music quizzes.
- End of year events - we normally put on large-scale events to celebrate the end of your year living in University accommodation. Last year, we put on an Outdoor Cinema Event on the Paddock. We showed Black Panther, as voted for by the students, on a 24 ft outdoor cinema screen right here in the residences. We even threw in free cinema snacks, including popcorn and pizza!
- Postgraduate events - if you're a postgraduate student, we have a schedule of monthly events exclusively for you to help you meet and network with other postgraduate students, with events such as wine and cheese evenings, pottery making, afternoon tea and cocktail masterclasses.
All this is absolutely free with your Residence Life key fob, which you will receive when you move in.
To find out more about the events we have been offering and to view pictures from past events, keep up to date with us on our social media channels:
Or, if you have ideas for events you would like to see, you can either email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or become an Activity Rep and put on your own events!