A Level results are here! What’s next?
Whatever result your son or daughter received for their A Levels, we'd like to say a huge congratulations for all their hard work.
Here's some information to help you and your son or daughter to find your feet with what's next for University accommodation...
- Accommodation Application: Our Accommodation Team is working hard to allocate rooms to our new students as quickly as possible, so please don't worry if an offer of accommodation has not been received as yet; we guarantee all students a place in university/partnership accommodation as long as they have applied by the 31 August 2017.
If your son or daughter is applying after the 17 August, they will be able to submit an application for accommodation once they hold an unconditional firm offer from UCAS to study at the University of Sheffield and set up a MUSE account. Admissions will provide these details via email once an unconditional firm offer is confirmed. This can take a few days to be confirmed and without this MUSE account no access to the accommodation application will be available.
- Still to apply: For any student that has not yet applied for accommodation, applications are open as of 17 August and students are guaranteed a room as long as they meet the conditions of the guarantee and have applied by the 31 August 2017
- Accommodation Offer: Once your son or daughter receives their offer of accommodation they need to complete the on-line acceptance process, read the Terms and Conditions of the Contract, pay a £150 deposit and set up a payment plan. This needs to be done within 5 days of receiving the offer of accommodation to secure the accommodation. If this is not done, then the offer may be withdrawn and allocated to another student.
- Room allocations: When students apply for accommodation at the University of Sheffield, we ask each of them their preferences for location and room type so that we can try to match their preference. It is not always possible to give students their preferred accommodation, so we will try to match offers of accommodation to applications as near as possible but we can't guarantee that students will get their favoured location, room type or mixed sex accommodation if that was their preference.
- Queries and concerns: If you have questions about University accommodation please do get in touch. Please note that we can only discuss details about specific applications to University accommodation with the applicants themselves, due to data protection and confidentiality. So if the query is specific to your son or daughter's application, please ask them to get in touch directly, at email@example.com. Alternatively our accommodation website has great information on what to bring, arrivals and much more www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation.
Find out more about applying to University of Sheffield accommodation Visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective