For more information on University of Sheffield Enterprise (USE), be sure to check out their website here. Come meet USE representatives in person during their introduction event, "How Enterprising are You?" Thursday, October 22nd at 6pm in High Tor 3.
1.USE brings together students with similar ideas in the coworking programme, collaboration spaces, and networking opportunities to execute an even better idea together.
2. USE offers support from starting up societies to funding for societies. If you want to innovate and do something new in your society. You can definitely seek support from USE.
3. There is often something to get involved in from skill building events, pub socials and Startup Weekend. There is always something going on every week!
4. USE offers free, weekly Skill Build workshops. Topics, include: time management, group work, ideas generation and project management, marketing, and more.
5. As a student or recent graduate, you could quality for up to £1000 in funding. You can even take part in one of our free incubation packages to start and grow your entrepreneurship.
6. USE supports a few of their own entrepreneurial societies, including: Enactus (Entrepreneurial. Action. Us), Sheffield Entrepreneurs, and AIESEC. These societies focus on social impact, global volunteering, and networking like minded passionate people together.
7. Passionate about making a difference? You can take part in our Social Innovation Lab, a short programme of evening workshops that'll guide you through the development of a socially-driven idea.
8. Want to meet people from other disciplines or do something practical? USE offers a 20-credit interdisciplinary module, which gives you the chance to develop a social enterprise solution to a 'real-world' problem.
9. USE provides specific support for international students in helping with the process of obtaining a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme Visa.
10. Be supported by USE staff members from idea generation to sustaining your entrepreneurship. With just an idea, you can get one to one group business coaching.
For more information on USE, be sure to stop by the event,"How Enterprising are You?" happening in the Residences. Hope to see you Thursday 22 October at 6pm in High Tor 3!